March 22, 23, 24, 2004
Objective W2-01 was doing the animated GIF's.
Objective W2-02 consists of
1) Developo your tree site byu opening it in homepage. Make sure the photos are optimum size for the internet. Keep the html and graphics in one folder and remove any unused files freom that folder. Indentify your html as index.html (type in the .html while in the homepage editor) Use all small case letters and numbers to identify your files. Do not use more tha 8 characters before the period. Rename photos if necessary to keep them to 8 characters and the characters should help identify where they are in the web page. For example, tree1.jpg, tree2.jpg. Be sure to use alternative text for your photos and provide a link to the SJHS website at the bottom of your page. http://www.islands.vi/~sjhs/
2)Go to the following link and then to the 5 links at the bottom of the page. These contain the websites that last year's students made. Observe them to help you in the making of your page.
3) Sign and register a website at tripod. Go to the Signup link at
4) For your ID, use the following:
5) Be sure to write down or be sure to remember the password that you choose. Give your email address and other information as requested. Avoid giving too much infomation (unless you can't go on without it) and avoid checking the free email ads boxes.
6) Your website URL should look like http://304mw.tripod.com/ if you are # 304 in the class.
7) After an FTP program is installed in your system, upload your files to the Tripod server Use oral directions in class or the help files in the programs.